LAHORE – An anti-terrorism court on Saturday found Imran Ali, prime accused in Zainab rape and murder in Kasur, guilty and award...
sabato 26 agosto 2017
Dressed to Rape 5
SEX crimes squad detectives have charged a 31-year-old father of three with abducting and sexually assaulting a young girl as she walked to school.
The attacker is believed to have worn a horrifying military-style camouflage costume known as a Ghillie suit when he dragged, tied up and sexually assaulted the childon May 15 in Narara bushland on the NSW Central Coast.
Three weeks later, he grabbed an 18-year-old woman around the neck at a nearby station.
The girl was bound with cable ties and sexually assaulted. She managed to break free after about an hour and escaped to her school.
The man arrested by police after a three-month investigation has been named by the Daily Telegraph as Troy Stephen Johnson. He was wearing a high-vis work shirt when he was pulled over at Lake Haven at 9.30pm last night.
Investigators searched his Woongarrah home and discovered what police will allege is the contents of a rape kit in his garage. Vision of his home shows officers finding camouflage gear, boots and hunting knives. Detectives also seized cable ties, a camouflage mask and other items, police revealed.
Police have previously said they believed the man was carrying out a “hunter fantasy”.
Strike Force Garawan was formed to investigate the first assault and police believed the same man could be responsible for the attempted abduction of an 18-year-old woman at Narara Railway Station on June 4.
It was thought a lair was used by the man while he attacked the young girl. It was discovered by police between Reeves St and Carrington St, Narara, concealed from a walking path that students often used.
It was full of rubbish and a makeshift tent made out of a large sheet.
Police said strike force investigators, along with officers Tuggerah Lakes Local Area Command, arrested the man during a vehicle stop at Lake Haven about 9.30pm Friday night.
“Shortly after the arrest, a search warrant was executed at a home at Woongarrah, where officers seized a number of items relevant to the investigation,” a police statement said.
The man was taken to Wyong Police Station, where he was charged with several serious charges including kidnap with intent to commit serious indictable offence, stalking or intimidation with intent to cause fear of physical or mental harm, two counts of aggravated indecent assault, aggravated sexual assault, produce child abuse material and possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit.
He is also facing sex charges in relation to a separate incident involving a young girl known to him between October 2016 and April 2017.
While the man was in police custody, he suffered a medical episode and was taken to Wyong Hospital for treatment.
He was refused bail and remains in hospital under police guard. It is expected he will appear at Wyong Local Court tomorrow.
Inquiries into the attack of the 18-year-old woman near Narara Railway Station on Sunday 4 June 2017 is ongoing.