Post in evidenza

Serial child rapist, killer sentenced to death #JusticeForZainab

LAHORE – An anti-terrorism court on Saturday found Imran Ali, prime accused in Zainab rape and murder in Kasur, guilty and award...


mercoledì 16 agosto 2017


The Tarrant County District Attorney's Office announced that it will seek the death penalty for Reginald Kimbro. 

Kimbro, 23, is accused of raping and strangling 22-year-old Molly Matheson in her apartment April 10 near Texas Christian University's Fort Worth campus.
Authorities believe he also raped and murdered Megan Getrum, a 36-year-old Plano woman, about a week later.
According to police, Kimbro said he went to Matheson's apartment after she texted him. Kimbro said the pair became physical — they'd dated before — but that he left after Matheson turned him down for sex. Police believe he raped Matheson, killed her and left her in the bathroom. Matheson's mother found her dead in her apartment.
The other case police say is linked to Kimbro has a different origin. Getrum left her Plano home April 14, went for a walk at the Arbor Hills Nature Preserve in Plano and never returned. Police believe Kimbro attacked and killed Getrum, whom he did not know, and then dumped her body in Dallas' Lake Ray Hubbard. A passerby spotted Getrum's body in the lake April 15.
U.S. Marshals arrested Kimbro on April 27 for Matheson's murder. In the affidavit they filed to get a warrant for Kimbro, police said he was a suspect in two additional rapes — one in Plano in September 2012 and one on South Padre Island in March 2014. In both of those cases, the victims were choked as they were raped, as were Matheson and Getrum.
According to the affidavit, Plano police did not charge Kimbro with the 2012 Plano rape because “there came a point during the investigation in which [the victim] no longer wished to pursue the case.”
Plano police filed a warrant May 26 for Kimbro for Getrum's murder. They believe it is possible that Kimbro has committed additional murders and rapes.
“Where there was one, there turned out to be two, so there could always be a potential of three,” Officer David Tiley of the Plano Police Department told People magazine in May.
Kimbro is being held in Tarrant County Jail on $2.4 million bail. Tarrant County District Attorney Sharen Wilson has only sought the death penalty against one other killer. Rudolfo Arrellano allegedly tied a concrete block around his wife's neck and threw her off a Lake Worth bridge. He is awaiting trial in Tarrant County Jail.
Statewide, juries are sentencing fewer defendants than ever to death. In 2016, only three Texas killers received death sentences.

Police arrested a Beaver Falls man they say raped at least 15 people in 15 months, and they suspect there may be more.
Jonathan Vance, 31, is in the Beaver County Jail on a $100,000 bail after being arrested by a task force that has been investigating him for weeks, authorities said.
That bail is for charges involving one victim, but police say they're in the process of filing more charges against him.
He is charged with rape, involuntary deviate intercourse, terroristic threats and related crimes.
Police say before now, they hadn't crossed paths with him.

Police said he resisted the arrest at his 25th Street home, but was eventually subdued. His wife and children were home at the time.
Police said he pointed a power tool at them, which they initially thought to be a gun. 
"He wouldn't cooperate, he wouldn't follow commands even at gun point, so yeah, he was very aggressive," Capt. Eric Hermick, with the Pennsylvania State Police said.
The rapes occurred in several jurisdictions, including North Sewickley, New Brighton and Patterson Township, but most of the women were from Beaver Falls, police said.
"We've had a task force operating since the end of July, trying to track down Mr. Vance," David Losier, Beaver County's district attorney, said.
The task force formed after several sex assaults with similar descriptions of the suspect and his vehicle were reported, police said. More warrants and charges are expected to be filed.

The current charges are based on an incident in which Vance picked up the victim as she walked down a Beaver Falls road around midnight in January, according to a news conference Wednesday. She agreed to perform a sex act for money.
Vance drove his silver minivan to a cemetery and pulled a knife on the woman, according to the criminal complaint. The complaint goes on to say he told her he was going to rape and kill her and dragged her out of the vehicle.
The woman screamed and bit Vance as he raped her, making him drop the knife. He began kicking and punching her and put her in a chokehold, according to the complaint.
She was able to pick up the knife and ran to call 911, according to the complaint. Vance then fled the area before police arrived, according to the complaint.
Using the victim's description of Vance and similar reports involving a description of Vance's vehicle and its license plate, police provided the victim and one other woman with photo lineups. Both women immediately identified him, according to the complaint.
Investigators believe there are more victims and now that Vance has been arrested, hope they'll come forward.

Thirty-seven-year-old David Marmolejo pleaded guilty to a series of violent sexual assaults in Phoenix.
Police say the crimes were committed back in 2005 and 2006.
While Marmolejo's name isn't well known in the Phoenix area, in his hometown of El Paso Texas it stirs up memories of one of the city's most horrific crimes. 
In 2009, Marmolejo appeared grief stricken in a photo showing him releasing white doves over his mother’s casket at her funeral in 2009.
His emotional display, which was featured on the front page of the El  Paso Times newspaper, is what you’d expect from a man whose mother had just been brutally murdered.  
Investigators say 54-year-old Gloria Huerta, a beloved mother and grandmother, was strangled to death, her body found dumped in a desert area just outside of El Paso, Texas.
After her body was discovered Marmolejo stood with his older brother and uncles as the family made a public plea for help finding her killers.
"My mom is the most loving person and probably looked her killers in the eyes and forgave them,” Manny Marmolejo said in a statement he read to a group of reporters.
Overcome with emotion the news clip show Manny turn and hug his brother while sobbing uncontrollably.
“The thought that there is someone out there who could do something like this is hard for us to imagine,” Gloria’s brother, Mark Huerta, told the media.
Family members had no idea Huerta’s killer was standing right beside them
Just a few weeks after the funeral El Paso police arrested Marmolejo and charged him with his mother’s murder.
“He was crying on camera and he came across as this really anguished guy,” said Adriana Chavez.
Chavez covered the case while working as a reporter for the El Paso Times.
"I think a lot of people related to her as their mom,” Chavez told 12 News.  
But that's only part of why the case captivated the community.
“I think the main thing was this relationship that he had with his stepsister,” Chavez said.

During the trial prosecutors told jurors that relationship was the motive for murder.
Family members said Huerta didn’t approve of a then 29-year-old Marmolejo having a romantic relationship with his 18-year old step sister, Mariah Wilson.
The day Huerta disappeared family members say she’d left the Phoenix area, where she’d been staying with her oldest son, and driven to El Paso to confront Marmolejo about Wilson living with him in Huerta’s home while she was away.
Wilson was given immunity to testify against Marmolejo in court.
Wilson told jurors she began having a sexual relationship with Marmolejo when she was 14-years-old and he was 25.
She also admitted to helping Marmolejo dispose of his mother’s body and cleanup the crime scene.
“They just didn't believe her,” Chavez said about Wilson’s testimony.
“They didn't like her demeanor on the stand, she came off as very standoffish.”

A few months later the case was moved to San Antonio where Marmolejo was retried, convicted and sentenced to 54 years in prison.

But that wasn’t the first violent crime Marmolejo has been accused of committing.
In the years before his mother’s murder Marmolejo was living in the Phoenix area.
In 2006 Phoenix Police arrested him on charges of violently raping and robbing four valley women.

Charges that initially didn't stick.
“The victims couldn't be located and that's why he was never brought to trial,” Chavez said.
Police say his victims, later identified as prostitutes, gave terrifying accounts of being raped and beaten at gunpoint.

Now more than 10 years later Marmolejo, extradited from Texas, is sitting in a Maricopa County jail.
His trial on the rape charges was set to start Thursday morning.
With Marmolejo eligible for parole in around 20 years, a conviction in Phoenix would have erased any chance of him ever walking free.
Marmolejo however did not move forward with the trial.
Instead, he plead guilty to several counts of sexual assault and attempted sexual assault.
He is now awaiting sentencing.

Ashley Shuck was freed on licence after being jailed for eight years for another rape in 2012 when he attacked the pensioner, and a second woman, in June this year.
A serious case review has now been launched to investigate how the 24-year-old was able to carry out the attacks so soon after his release.
Shuck, who was jailed aged 19 for raping a teenage girl in 2012, assaulted and raped his latest two victims at homes in Kidderminster on June 18 this year.
He attacked his first victim - a woman in her 20s - at her friend's house in the early hours of the morning, before moving on to the elderly woman's home.
He then raped the pensioner, kidnapped her and then forced her to drive around Worcestershire for more than two hours.
Shuck, of Ombersley Road, Worcester, appeared at Worcester Crown Court on Monday where he was sentenced to life in prison after earlier pleading guilty to two counts of rape, two counts of sexual assault and one count of kidnapping.
He was also made the subject of a lifetime Sexual Harm Prevention Order and will be placed on the sex offender register for the rest of his life.

Serial sex attacker jailed for life after raping and kidnapping pensioner Harry Leather | Kidderminster 

A man accused of drugging and raping multiple men for seven years starting in 2007 pleaded no contest to 14 counts of sodomy and agreed to a 30-year prison sentence Friday, according to the San Mateo County District Attorney’s Office.
Pacifica resident Joseph Paul Courtney, 31, also admitted to having a forcible sex act with a victim with knowledge he had AIDS, resulting in a three-year enhancement to his sentence included in the 30-year term he now faces, according to the District Attorney’s Office.
Prosecutors say that Joseph Paul Courtney, 31, met three different men for consensual sex and ended up drugging them into unconsciousness before raping them.
Courtney raped the men along with “unidentified male associates,” according to prosecutors.
On at least one occasion, after regaining consciousness, the victim was shown a video recording of multiple men engaged in sex with him while he was passed out, prosecutors said.
One of the men who saw such a recording of himself reported the incident to Pacifica police, said District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe.
At least 14 additional victims then came forward after media reports of the crimes, Wagstaffe said.
Courtney’s attorney, Steve Chase, said the case settled because of the likelihood going to trial could result in a lifetime sentence.
“This is a case that was blown way out of proportion with what the facts were,” he said, adding the case through dating websites involved a number of men engaged in dangerous sexual behavior who expected to take drugs and have sex.
Wagstaffe said Courtney would have to serve 80 percent of his sentence before he has a chance of parole due to the violent nature of his crime.
“We are very pleased that the case resolved so that the victims don’t have to go through this,” he said. “Yet we are holding him significantly accountable because these offenses are violent offenses.”
Chase said Courtney is a remarkable young man with an unfortunate sexual addiction.
“We compromised this in a way that he had a chance of getting out of prison one day,” he said.
Courtney will next appear in court Oct. 6 for sentencing and receipt of restitution report, according to prosecutors.

No contest plea for drugging, raping men Anna Schuessler Daily Journal August 12 2017

Windhoek-A man accused of luring young women into a bushy area near the Katutura hospital under the pretext he needed help with his and his heavily pregnant girlfriend’s luggage, and then raping them at knifepoint,made blanket denials that he was the one responsible during his testimony in chief.

Jan Rooinasie, 52, testified he was in Swakopmund at the time the offences were committed.
Testifying in his own defence, Rooinasie told Judge Alfred Siboleka he was staying in Swakopmund’s DRC location when the offences were committed.
He even had names of the people he apparently stayed with, but said he could not trace them as the location had greatly expanded since his last stay there.
After the State closed its case last year, Judge Siboleka granted Rooinasie leave to go to the location in the company of police officers to look for the witnesses he said could verify his claim that he was in fact in Swakopmund when the offences were committed.
But he said he could not find the witnesses he named as Maria Gaweses, Johannes Gaweses and Michael Rooi as they probably had moved away from where they were staying. He further said he was hampered in his search by the presence of the police as the people were not as forthcoming with information as they would have been if he were on his own.

With regard to the charge he abducted a 13-year-old girl and raped her, he told the court he knew the girl as he and the girl’s mother were involved in a romantic relationship.
He however denied that he either abducted or raped the girl as he was “enjoying with friends in Owanbo location that evening”.
The girl testified that Rooinasie came to her home on May 25, 2007 and asked her to accompany him to his house to drop off bread, but when they arrived there he invited her inside, pulled out a knife, ordered her to undress and then raped her.
However, Rooinasie denied it, saying he would never have touched the girl as she was “a child before me”.

He further denied the other allegations levelled against him.
According to Rooinasie he only returned to Windhoek on March 27 or 28, after he had stayed in Swakopmund since the beginning of March 2010, making it impossible for him to have committed the acts he is accused of.
He faces seven counts of rape, one count of abduction or alternatively kidnapping, one count of attempting to commit an immoral act with a child below the age of 16 years, three counts of crimen injuria, two counts of attempted murder and one count of indecent assault.
According to the State he raped a woman on March 2, another one on March 6 and yet another one on March 10 of 2010.

His modus operandi was to threaten the women with a sharp object, strangle them unconscious and then violate them, the State charges.

Judge Siboleka granted Rooinasie another chance to find his alibi witnesses and postponed the matter to October 10 this year.
The witnesses, Maria Gaweses, Johannes Gaweses and Michael Rooi, or anyone knowing their whereabouts, are requested to contact Siyomunji Law Chambers at 061-255797 or 081-1228104.
Rooinasie is represented by Mbanga Siyomunji on instructions of legal aid and Deputy Prosecutor General Karin Esterhuizen appears for the State.

SERIAL rapist and killer Barry Whiteoak could become the first criminal deported from Australia while presenting a “clear and present danger” to the community.
The state parole authority is considering releasing the deadly loner who has not been outside a jail since he was caught the day after he raped, stabbed and strangled Irish nurse Noreen Hannon in 1983 after forcing his way into her Parramatta flat.
His residency was revoked in 2008, so Whiteoak, 69, will be deported upon his release but only if the tough so-called Multi Agency Protection Arrangement in the UK agrees to supervise him.
The MAAPA is only for those who present a “clear and present danger” to the community and no other person has been deported by Australia to the UK under those circumstances, it is understood.
At the time he killed Ms Hannon, Whiteoak was on parole for one rape he had committed while on parole for another sexual assault yet he had been freed by the courts again and again.
His future plans were outlined before State Parole Authority this morning.
The authority has “formed the intention” to release him despite the protests of Ms Hannon’s British family who are “terrified” he could target them once back in the UK.
The Community Corrections Unit at Long Bay Parole Unit recommended last year that his “release to parole is not recommended” and the manager of the jail’s parole unit said: “While there is nothing further that can be achieved by the offender in custody to address his offending behaviour.....the recommendation against release to parole is supported.”
Ms Hannon’s family has been refused a photograph of her killer and have no idea what he looks like.
The MAAPA supervision is tougher than its parole alternative in NSW.
“If he is dangerous enough to need such supervision, he should never be released,” Ms Hannon’s former boyfriend Michael Maher said outside court today.
“He is anonymous looking. He doesn’t stand out in a crowd. You would never know what he had done.
“Noreen’s family are really worried. They believe he should never be released,” Mr Maher, who had been seeing Ms Hannon for a couple of months before her murder, said today.
He remains in contact with her family who are also informed directly of any parole decisions.
Whiteoak appeared before the parole authority via videolink from Long Bay Jail. With a balding head and glasses, he was wearing prison greens.
Parole authority chairman James Woods said they were waiting to hear if Whiteoak would fulfil the criteria for a placement with MAAPA.
“I think it’s common ground that the risk is such...that there could not be anything other than supervised release, a supervised release that would protect the safety of the community,” Justice Woods said.
Whiteoak arrived in Australia from his native Yorkshire aged 20 in 1968. He never married and the parole board has previously been told that he was a loner who has never had a visitor.
His life sentence was redetermined under new laws in 1994 to a non-parole period of 15 years with the judge stating he should remain on parole for life.

POLICE in Gweru have arrested four men believed to be behind 15 cases of murder, rape, sodomy and armed robbery in the Midlands capital.
The quartet sodomised a man from Hertfordshire suburb in Gweru during the course of an armed robbery.
Acting Midlands Province police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Ethel Mukwende said she was still looking for details about the arrest of the four suspects and could not immediately comment yesterday.
National Police Spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba said she was off duty and could not comment on the matter while Chief Superintendent Paul Nyathi said he would get back to The Chronicle with a comment.
However, the arrest of Simon Kurambwa alias Brian Dominic of Mkoba 1, Gweru, recently released prisoner for plain robbery cases Tafadzwa Rafamoyo alias John Mero of Plot 80, I-Japu, Chegutu, James Masocha alias Jimara of Plot number 272 Golden Ridge, Copper Queen, Gokwe and Justin Sibanda of Mkoba 17 is the talk of Gweru as residents are now relieved since they feared travelling at night.
Two other members of the gang are still at large and police investigations are underway.
Police sources told The Chronicle that Kurambwa, Rafamoyo, Masocha and Sibanda were arrested following the brutal murder of a Zanu-PF Youth League member, Charity Khumalo in Mkoba 6 suburb on Friday morning.
According to the sources, on August 7 officers on blitz duties in Mkoba received a tip-off from a member of the public who resides in Mkoba Village 1.
The resident said there was a man who had a bag full of Android cellphones, a knife, pliers, spanner and some male clothing at a house in the suburb.
The police raided the house and arrested Kurambwa, whom they found fast asleep.
They recovered three Android cellphones, a stainless steel knife, male clothing and pliers.
“When the police conducted checks on the recovered cellphones, it was noted that one of the cellphones had the name of the deceased Charity Khumalo who was murdered along Makoni Street, in Mkoba Village 6, Gweru on the August 4,” said the source.
“Kurambwa implicated Rafamoyo, Masocha and Sibanda.”
The source said a manhunt for the remaining two suspects is underway.
“The accused persons indicated that they had committed robberies in Woodlands, Mkoba, Hertfordshire and Mtapa suburbs in Gweru and in Mbizo, Kwekwe and also at times raped and sodomised their victims. The gang said they used knives in committing the crimes,” said the source.
Asst Insp Mukwende said Khumalo was stabbed to death on Friday morning on her way to Mkoba 6 shopping centre to buy beer for a funeral wake she was attending.
She said Khumalo of Mkoba 6 was stabbed on her right breast leading to her death.
Asst Insp Mukwende said mourners at the funeral wake found her lying on the ground complaining that she had been stabbed and had been robbed of money and a mobile phone.
“It is said on August 4 along Makoni Street Mkoba 6, Gweru, three unknown male accused persons at around 4AM met Khumalo with her workmate who were proceeding to Mkoba 6 from Mkoba 5.
“The two were attacked with knives. Khumalo’s workmate managed to flee and left her at the mercy of the murderers.
“Khumalo’s workmate went back to the funeral wake in Mkoba 5 and alerted other mourners for assistance. By the time they reached the scene they found Khumalo lying on the ground,” said Asst Insp Mukwende.
Khumalo was taken to Gweru Provincial Hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival and her body is awaiting postmortem at the same facility.

Sodomy, rape & robbery. . . Police arrestnotorious gang members August 9, 2017 Mayibongwe Madlela

Windhoek — After being afforded more than a year to secure the witnesses he wants to call in his own defense, alleged serial rapist Jan Rooinasie returns to the Windhoek High Court today to testify in his own defense.
Rooinasie who also wanted to fire his State-funded lawyer, Mbanga Siyomunji - until Judge Alfred Siboleka showed him the error of his ways by convincing him to retain Siyomunji's services - informed the court at his appearance last year that he needs more time to get hold of his defense witnesses.
He however informed the court that he did not manage to trace his witnesses and was ready to commence with his defense. He faces seven counts of rape, one count of abduction or alternatively kidnapping, one count of attempting to commit an immoral act with a child below the age of 16 years, three counts of crimen injuria, two counts of attempted murder and one count of indecent assault.
It is alleged in the indictment that Rooinasie abducted a 13-year-old girl from her parent's home in Katutura on May 25, 2007 with the purpose of raping her. It is further alleged that on March 2, 2010 he repeatedly raped a woman he enticed into helping him and his apparent pregnant girlfriend, after rendering her unconscious by strangling her.
He also directed various obscenities at his victim. Rooinasie is also alleged to have fooled another young woman into following him into the bushes near Katutura State Hospital, barely four days later on 6 March, where he also strangled her, thus rendering her unconscious and proceeded to rape her.
And yet again, in the space of four days, Rooinasie managed to lure another young woman into the bushes with a cry for help with luggage. This time around he told the victim that there was a woman who was struggling with many bags and asked her to go and help him carry the bags.
The unsuspecting victim went with Rooinasie and when they arrived in the bushy area, he pulled out a knife and threatened to kill her if she did not do what he wanted, according to the indictment. As in the previous instances he strangled his victim until she fainted and raped her, it was stated.
No pictures of Rooinasie could be taken as he was in prison clothes. Deputy Prosecutor General Karin Esterhuizen is representing the State in the matter.

Namibia: Alleged Serial Rapist Opts for Own Defence Roland Routh 8 AUGUST 2017 

One year later, no resolution in St. Thomas serial rape case SUZANNE CARLSON Daily News August 16 2017

12-year-old girl raped, strangled to death 15 agosto 2017

32.year old woman raped, murdered by security guard 15 agosto 2017 

7-year-old girl raped by illegal immigrant "thousands of times" 15 agosto 2017

10-year-old boy raped by 17-year-old 15 agosto 2017

11-year-old mentally disabled boy raped by 21-year-old 15 agosto 2017

14-year-old-girl brutally raped by 3 minor boys, left unconscious on sidewalk 14 agosto 2017

16-year-old boy arrested for raping, killing 6-year-old girl 14 agosto 2017

Ti piace?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...