LAHORE – An anti-terrorism court on Saturday found Imran Ali, prime accused in Zainab rape and murder in Kasur, guilty and award...
mercoledì 20 dicembre 2017
Teen Rapists 58
A six-year-old boy was accused of rape according to new figures that revealed children under 10 were alleged to have carried out 20,000 crimes in six years. Among that figure are children as young as five being suspected of carrying out sexual assaults.
They’ve also been accused of arson, threats to kill, possession of firearms and racially aggravated common assault.
However, because of their age they cannot be charged with committing a criminal offence.
Data released by 30 of the 45 police forces that serve England and Wales show that the number of crimes by children under 10 has risen from 1,917 offences in 2012, to 4,209 in 2016.
So far in 2017, police have identified 3,631 young suspects.
They can’t face prosecution but can be given a curfew, a child safety order or be taken in to care by social services.
The figures were released as a bill was put forward to raise the age of criminal responsibility in the UK from 10 to 12 – meaning the likes of Jon Venables and Robert Thompson would not face the same action.
Solicitor Laurence Lee, who represented 10-year-old Jon Venables in the James Bulger murder case in 1993, said increasing the age limit would be ‘mad’. He said: ‘To raise it would be absolutely absurd. I’ll tell you now, if they were to raise it so many 10 and 11 year olds would be laughing their socks off. ‘What would happen is older criminals would just get the 10 and 11 year olds to do the ‘shooting’.’
Mr Lee argued a solution could be a two-tier system, where minor crimes are dealt with in the current manner, but more serious crimes should be prosecuted. He said: ‘I don’t believe that every 10-year-old that shoplifts should be arrested, in fact they never are. ‘Ten is about right at the moment. The criminal age of responsibility should always be monitored, perhaps on a yearly basis, and if society does get worse, then it has to be looked at periodically.’
Greater Manchester has more than double the amount of children’s crimes compared to all other forces, the FOI request by journalism students at Highbury College in Portsmouth, Hants, revealed. It reported 4,371 crimes by youngsters aged ten and under since the beginning of 2012.
The number of crimes has risen from 441 in 2012, to 1,246 so far in 2017. In Merseyside, children were mainly linked to drug related crimes and even the possession of firearms.
The rate of sexually related crimes in the area has also risen dramatically over the past six years, increasing from four offences in 2012 to 24 so far this year. Cambridgeshire Police’s figures revealed an alleged three-year-old thief as well as five-year-olds suspected of sexual assault on children under the age of 13.
The report from Humberside Police showed that the most common age of suspected criminals was nine years old, with 184 of the 401 children’s crimes from the past six years linked to the age group. At 10 years old, the national age of criminal responsibility in England and Wales is one of the lowest ages in Western Europe. Scotland did have the youngest age at eight years old, but last year the Scottish government decided to raise it to 12.
The NSPCC believes the rest of the UK should follow suit. A spokesman for the children’s charity said: ‘The criminal justice system must support children who have committed offences to change their behaviour and hold young people increasingly accountable for their actions as they mature. ‘But at age 10, children are unlikely to understand the consequences of their actions or be able to effectively participate in criminal proceedings.
‘The NSPCC believes the current age of criminal responsibility should be raised to at least 12 years of age in England. ‘Robust action outside the youth justice system to deal with child offenders aged 10 and 11 would serve justice more effectively and better prevent future crime.’
A student is on trial over the rape of a fellow undergraduate who he then messaged saying ‘if you say anything I’ll kill myself’.
Jack Green, 19, was at his flat with the victim following a night out during Fresher’s week after he started a musical theatre course at Arden School of Theatre in Manchester.
A jury heard that he grabbed her by the neck then pinned her to the bed, biting her lip and saying ‘shh, don’t worry’. She later sent him a text message saying: ‘I didn’t want to do it – I said “no” a million times. He replied saying: ‘Just forget about it, it’s done, it’s in the past, leave it. I’d go to jail, I’d rather die. I’m going to jump.’ The victim told the court: ‘It was a terrifying experience. My friend was convincing me I needed to tell someone but I was concerned as I didn’t want to mess up his career.
‘I told my friend what happened and she said: “it’s very serious you need to speak to someone”. I was just too upset to call the police. I was scared – I was in a state of shock. He was forceful. I did tell him to stop but it was hard to speak when he had bitten my lip. ‘He gripped my neck at one stage. I couldn’t do anything. I didn’t want to have sexual intercourse with him but he didn’t stop.’
Green and his victim met in her room where they had drinks with friends before going to Fifth Avenue. The woman told the jury: ‘We drank vodka and then had about three more drinks at the club. ‘I was tipsy and Jack was drunk as well. We danced together as a group. Jack told me he had seen a girl on the same course and told me he thought she was really good looking.
‘I said you already have a girlfriend but he was persistently trying to get off with her and I was saying stop because she didn’t want to. He kissed me and I pushed him away after about a second.’ Later the group went back to Green’s room for food but it is claimed the pair were left alone together and he locked the door.
In a statement to police the woman said: ‘I was about six out of 10 in terms of how drunk I was and he might have been a little bit more drunk. I said “get off me, stop” and was pushing him on the chest – but he just said “shh” and carried on. ‘I was crying and I had my hand over his mouth because I didn’t want to kiss him. But he said “shh don’t worry” and was being quite forceful. ‘He pushed me on to the bed and was kissing me, I was saying no but it didn’t have any impact. I was properly crying and I could see his face. ‘He took his trousers off and then took mine off. He still stood really close to me and I was still sat down. I was lay there crying I was in shock I didn’t know what to do. Eventually I was like “right stop, don’t do this, you shouldn’t be doing it” but he was like “shh shut up”. I tried to push him off and sat up and he put his hand around my throat and pushed me back down.
‘I was in pain and he seemed to get a lot more frustrated and angry with me. He turned me over, he grabbed my shoulders and moved me over. He had his hand on my back, it was quite forceful because my face was on he bed. I was just crying I didn’t say much I didn’t know what to do.’ The court heard friends began to bang at the door and Green quickly got dressed and claimed the girl was upset because she was ‘hit on’ in the club by another man. But in her statement the woman added: ‘I said “stop lying”. He was saying “I’ve got a girlfriend I’ll get in trouble forget about it”. Then I just left.
My mouth was cut on my lip and I was in a lot of pain. We were just friends, he was saying he liked me and things like that. But it never developed into anything more. ‘He messaged me and I said “I didn’t want to do that” and there was messages saying “don’t say anything, you said you wouldn’t say anything, I’d go to jail, I’d rather die. If you say anything I’ll kill myself”. His last message was “I’m going to jump”. I ignored it because the police came.’
Green was arrested in his student accommodation and appeared to have a panic attack as officers went to question him, the court heard. He said he and the woman had kissed at the nightclub and went back to his room where they had sex. He said after a minute or two she said ‘no’ and he stopped, pulled his trousers back up and apologised.
Green, from Abertillery, in Monmouthshire, South Wales, denies rape. The trial continues.
A "habitual sexual risk to children" is now behind bars following the sentencing of a child rapist from Redruth.
Paul Cook, 23, was found guilty of one count of rape, three counts of sexual activity with a child and five counts of possession of indecent images of children on his phone.
He has now been sentenced at Truro Crown Court to seven years in prison and has had five years extended to his licence.
Prosecuting barrister Nigel Wraith said that Cook had had sex with two 15-year-old girls - one of whom he had orally raped.
The first victim had met Cook through a friend and he had been "well aware of her age." She went to the police in May 2016 after her relative confronted Cook.
The second victim was also said to have met Cook through friends and reported him to police in August 2016.
Mr Wraith said that the first victim had had sex with Cook on several occasions. The second victim had also had sex with Cook and he had forced himself onto the girl, resulting in the oral rape charge.
Cook denied that any sexual activity took place with the girls and claimed that he knew nothing of the indecent images on his phone. However, a jury found Cook guilty of the charges back in August, for which he has now been sentenced.
DC Kelly Browning, the lead officer on the case, said: “I would like to thank the two victims and commend them on their bravery for coming forward.
“Cook has forced them to go through the trauma of giving evidence in court when he knows that he has been guilty all along.
“Cook receiving a custodial sentence has removed a habitual sexual risk to children from the streets of Cornwall. We hope this verdict brings reassurance that justice has been done.”
A Radford teen was arrested and accused of raping, strangling and distributing drugs to a child, city officials announced.
Michael Mendoza, 18, was charged with two counts of rape, two of strangulation, two of distributing drugs to a minor, solicitation to commit a felony, and forcible sodomy.
The charges against Mendoza were linked to a Nov. 15 incident in the 1500 block of Stapes Street, according to a city news release.
A search warrant filed last month said that a 14-year-old girl reported being assaulted at Mendoza’s home in the Rustic Village Mobile Home Park.
The warrant said that Mendoza had “supplied ‘weed’” to the girl then asked if she wanted to “do stuff.”
The girl shook her head no but Mendoza grabbed her, kissed her, then picked her up and carried her into a bedroom, the warrant said. The girl reported that though she said “no” repeatedly, Mendoza pulled off her pants and raped her, the warrant said.
The girl said she had been choked and bitten, and that an examination by a forensic nurse found injuries consistent with her account, according to the warrant.
The girl also said that she was worried that Mendoza had videoed the attack, the warrant said.
Officials ask that anyone with information about the case contact Det. C.K. Cross at 540-267-3191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mendoza is being held in the New River Valley Regional Jail.
GRAND FORKS — Two women who were raped at gunpoint as University of North Dakota students in 2013 have sued the landlord of the apartment complex in Grand Forks where the incident happened.
Through attorneys, Nadia Campbell and Breanne Squire filed a lawsuit Thursday, Dec. 14, in Grand Forks District Court against CGV, claiming the Grand Forks company did not provide adequate security.
“Breanne and Nadia did everything they were supposed to do: they locked the door,” said Bismarck attorney Tim Purdon, who is representing Campbell and Squire with Minneapolis attorney Elizabeth Fors. “When a corporate landlord chooses not to provide the simplest, cheapest sort of backup for protection, you have a situation like here where the sliding glass door can be defeated and entered by an intruder in mere seconds without tools.”
The lawsuit stems from a criminal case against Antonio Raheem Matthews, 24, who is serving life in prison without parole. In September 2013, Matthews opened the sliding patio door to Campbell and Squire’s ground-level apartment at 3499 13th Ave. N., pointed a gun at the victims as he demanded money and forced them into a bed before he “took turns forcing (the victims) to have sexual intercourse with him,” according to a criminal complaint filed against Matthews.
“Their lives are completely changed, and all because the corporate chose not to do anything, chose not to warn them and chose profit over safety,” Fors said.
A jury found Matthews guilty on all charges, including terrorizing, two counts of robbery, two counts of felonious restraint, and two counts of gross sexual imposition, a Class AA felony that carries a life sentence. His latest appeal was dismissed Sept. 25.
CGV owns the apartment where Campbell and Squire lived at the time of the rape. The women’s attorneys said the company did not provide a brace bar for the patio door to backup the lock, making it easy for Matthews to open the door. The lawsuit alleges negligence, breach of express warranties and breach of implied warranties against CGV.
“When you come into an apartment, you assume you are entitled to believe that the locks work,” Purdon said. “If the locks don’t work, the landlord needs to warn you about that. That didn’t occur here.”
Fors said Campbell was adamant she locked the door, adding the women signed a lease saying the apartment “was fit for use as a residential premises.”
Robert Cowger, the registered agent for CGV, declined to comment on the story.
The plaintiffs have asked for compensation of at least $50,000 each for medical damages, but the women hope this case will help prevent future incidents like theirs, Purdon and Fors said.
“They don’t want this horrible, horrible thing to happen to anyone else,” Fors said. “They don’t want any other college students across the country to go through this.”
The victims requested all inquiries go through their lawyers and don’t feel comfortable talking to the media, Fors said.
An American Fork man was arrested on reports of sexually abusing and raping a woman multiple times.
On Nov. 8, American Fork police officers received a call from Utah Valley Hospital regarding a woman who reported she was raped and requested a forensic exam.
The exam was completed and on Nov. 13, the woman met with police.
The woman told police she met a man, reportedlyBailey Strong, 19, through a dating app. After a couple of days of chatting on the app, the two met at Strong’s residence. The woman reported they kissed, but Strong eventually asked for sex. She denied the request and he took her home, reports state.
On another visit, the two kissed again and Strong again asked to have sex. The woman denied his request again, but Strong forcibly made her perform sexual acts on him, reports state.
Strong held her against her will while sexually abusing her, reports state.
A few days later on Nov. 6, she met with him again to talk about the incident. Strong asked to have intercourse again, but this time, he reportedly pulled down her pants and raped her.
Police contacted Strong, who told police this woman was not the first individual he sexually abused, reports state. He reportedly had sexually abused multiple males and females, but said the most recent incident was consensual.
Strong has no previous adult criminal history, but according to police reports, during 2010 and 2015, he had nine incidents related to sexual offenses committed as a juvenile.
Strong was booked into Utah County Jail on suspicion of one first-degree felony of rape, one first-degree felony of forcible sodomy, and one second-degree felony of forcible sexual abuse.
He is being held in custody on a $50,000 cash-only bail.
An Orleans County man was arrested after deputies say he raped a 14-year-old girl.
On Dec. 13, deputies arrested 22-year-oldNicholas Preston, of West County House Road in Albion, following a two week investigation. Deputies say he had unlawful contact with a 14-year-old girl in the Town of Ridgeway.
Preston was charged with rape in the second degree, criminal sexual act in the third degree, and endangering the welfare of a child.
Preston was arraigned and remanded to the Orleans County Jail in lieu of $2,500 cash or $2,500 bond.
HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – A city man is accused of having sexual contact with a child over a period of seven years.
Khalil J. Ausberry, 21, was arrested on charges including rape of a child, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a child, statutory sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault, and unlawful contact with a child.
Harrisburg police said the sexual assaults began when the child was 7 years old and occurred at different locations in the city. They said the child ultimately reported the abuse to a parent who then when to police.
Ausberry was jailed in Dauphin County Prison on $150,000 cash bail. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Dec. 28.
A Shelley man was arrested and charged for child sex abuse after a young girl reportedly walked in on him raping her sister.
Arynn Millus, 21, reportedly had been molesting the teenage victim for three years. The Shelley Police Department learned of the sexual abuse when a member of the family’s Mormon bishopric reported that the family had come to him for help. The church official said the family wanted to keep the issue within the church, but he said that wasn’t possible and contacted police, according to court documents.
Millus said the victim was lying about him because he was not Mormon. Police took the victim to the hospital to have a rape kit done.
The victim told police she had told her mother about the rape two years earlier, but nothing happened. The victim’s father told police his wife had been bullying the child who witnessed the rape, and that his wife told the girl that none of this would be happening if she had not spoken up.
The younger sister told police Millus had offered her money for sex as well, but nothing had ever happened. She told police it was not the first time she had walked in on Millus raping her sister, citing two previous incidents.
During a second interview, Millus again denied any sex acts between himself and the victim. When confronted with evidence from the rape kit, Millus said the victim must have gotten it from a towel she used.
Millus continued to change his story, first saying the evening he was caught was the only incident, then saying there had been another incident a year prior. Millus then said the two had been having sex once or twice a week for a year.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 14. Millus was charged with sexual battery committed by lewd or lascivious acts on a minor child, which is punishable with up to life in prison.